We're pleased to announce that CueServer 2 firmware version 3.0.0 was released on April 4, 2019.
Version 3.0.0 adds many exciting new functions to CueServer including fully interactive web-based CueStations, a built-in graphical layout editor, entirely new station management tools, station pages, support for the new Insite 7" Touchscreen, plus the ability to create generic web-based touchscreens.
- Major Features
- New Fully Interactive Web-Based CueStations.
- New Built-in Graphical Layout Editor.
- New Entirely new Station Management Tools.
- New Advanced Button Actions.
- New Station Pages.
- New Support for new 7" Insite touchscreen.
- New Support for the new CS-950 model.
- New Copy & Paste for Resources is Now Available
- Special Notes for v3.0.0
- Special Note CueServers updated to firmware v3.x can be downgraded to v2.x by simply loading firmware v2.1.2. It is NOT recommended that a v3.x CueServer is downgraded to v2.1.1 or earlier in a single step.
- Editor Window
- Feature The command line's status bar now shows the current station's active page and the target page.
- Bug An issue that could cause a crash when opening an offline show has been fixed.
- Bug The Editor Window no longer crashes if it is closed while the stack/zone lists are loading.
- Stage View
- Bug Fixed a spelling mistake.
- Playbacks View
- Bug Fixed a problem that could cause Playbacks 26+ to appear improperly in the Playbacks view.
- Feature The Stations panel has entirely been redesigned.
- Feature Stations are now viewed and selected by changing the popup menu in the top-left of the panel.
- Feature The Station navigation panel shows choices for a station's settings, optional page settings, layout, and the button/contact/output/port resources applicable for that station.
- Feature Support for the Insite 7" Touchscreen has been added.
- Feature Support for generic web-based touchscreens has been added.
- Feature Layouts can be built using a variety of built-in controls, including Button, Clock, Color Picker, Ellipse, Image, Image Button, Line, Rectangle, Slider, Text, and Toggle.
- Feature Web Access for any station may be enabled, providing a CueServer-hosted URL that displays the station's web representation.
- Feature Web-based stations may be protected by a user name and password.
- Feature Stations now have pages of buttons.
- Feature Legacy stations (Mystique/Ultra) can be optionally upgraded to use pages.
- Feature Pages have various automation rules, including Page Open, Page Close, Page Idle, etc.
- Feature Pages may be protected by PIN number.
- Feature The layout of each station's page(s) may be edited with a new graphical layout editor.
- Feature Buttons and contacts can now use predefined Actions, Targets, and Options that make it easy to define sophisticated functions and indicator behavior for a variety of controls.
- Feature Predefined button actions may use variable values to change button behavior on the fly.
- Feature Mystique and Ultra stations now turn off when disabled, mimicking the same behavior as an Insite touchscreen.
- Feature The STATION command can now be used with the AT command to change the active page of a Station. For example, the command
STATION 1 AT PAGE 3 changes Station 1's active page to 3.
- Feature A new PAGE command can now be used to change the station page for which subsequent commands operate. For example, the command
PAGE 5 BUTTON 1 ON turns on Button 1 on Page 5 of the current station.
- Feature The LOCK and UNLOCK commands have been extended to work on pages that include PIN numbers. Locking a Page using a command such as
PAGE 3 LOCK de-authenticates users from viewing the page. Unlocking a Page using a command such as
PAGE 3 UNLOCK authenticates users to view the page.
- Feature The LOCK and UNLOCK commands have been extended to work on stations with page layouts. Locking a Station using a command such as
STATION 1 LOCK causes the page contents to become grayed out with a superimposed lock icon on top. No user interaction can occur on locked pages. The UNLOCK command unlocks a previously locked station.
- Feature The ENABLE and DISABLE commands have been extended to work on stations with page layouts. Disabling a hardware station (such as the Insite touchscreen) causes the station to turn its screen off. Disabling a software station (such as a station viewed through a web browser) displays a gray screen with a "null" (Ø) icon. Enabling a station returns its operation to normal.
- Bug Non-volatile variables are now preserved properly after power loss or reboot.
- Bug The inline CueScript parser would improperly show that a SET command with a numeric literal, such as
Set "x" = 3 was an error.
- Bug The CUE command no longer fails to report an error if no parameter is given.
- Feature Added Mask mode to Playback faders.
- Bug Fixed an issue that prevented more than 32 sACN input universes to be able to be received. The new limit is 128 sACN input universes.
- Bug Fixed an issue that caused DMX Input Triggers to not function properly when set within universes that were patched with less than 512 channels.
- Bug Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if incoming serial is being processed as CueScript commands while replies are being sent back to the serial output, and the hardwired DMX output ports are in use.
- Feature A new Windows installer is smaller and faster.