We're pleased to announce that CueServer 2 firmware version 3.0.1 was released on May 2, 2019.
Version 3.0.1 contains 17 minor feature improvements and 22 bug fixes. Some of the more significant improvements include eight new color picker variants, two new timer triggering modes, editable Button IDs, enhanced NTP server integration, and improved SD Card error handling. The included bug fixes improve performance and stability of both CueServer Studio and CueServer's firmware.
- Navigator Window
- Feature A warning icon (with help text) will appear next to any CueServer that is either missing its SD Card, or if an error was detected when writing to the card.
- Feature If a CueServer is opened that has an SD Card with read/write problems, a warning dialog will appear allowing the user to try to resolve the issue.
- Bug Addressed a problem that would make a show not disappear from the show list when deleting a show from a CueServer device.
- Editor Window
- Feature If a write error occurs on the device's SD Card while editing, a warning dialog will appear and the window will close.
- Live Status
- Feature The System Clock panel now includes an advanced option to show the current NTP Server Status.
- Feature The System Clock panel now resizes to fill available window space.
- Feature A new debug option to show "Real Time Clock Events" has been added to the System Log panel.
- Bug System Log messages regarding enabling and disabling of the NTP client have been fixed.
- Stage View
- Bug Fixed a bug that would crash when trying to view the Stage when no channels were patched.
- Cue/Preset Editor
- Feature The Capture panel now includes options for merging selected or active channels in the Source drop-down menu.
- Feature The Capture panel now remembers the last used input source.
- Bug When pasting a Cue as a new resource, the new cue number now uses a whole number instead of a fractional number.
- Bug Addressed a problem that created drawing artifacts when scrolling recorded channels in the Cue Contents panel.
- DMX Engine
- Feature Playbacks set to Scale or Pin mode now begin fading previously released channels from FL to produce a more gradual introduction of the channel value.
- Bug Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when updating a Cue from DMX Input when the existing cue had more channels recorded in it than the new cue will have.
- Bug Addressed a problem that could corrupt a cue when capturing from DMX Input when the Universe Patch includes universes with less than 512 channels.
- Feature Button IDs may now be changed on stations with variable numbers of buttons.
- Bug Web-based Ultra stations now work properly again.
- Bug Stations without a layout (for instance the built-in station) now display a warning icon when that station's web view is opened.
- Layout Editor
- Bug Addressed a problem that would cause mouse clicks inside the Layout Editor to sometimes not properly "focus" the editor for keyboard input.
- Layout Controls
- Feature Eight new color picker variants including new dials and sliders have been added to the Color Picker control.
- Feature The inspector panel for the Line object has been improved.
- Bug The Color Picker now displays in the center of the bounding rectangle instead of the top-left corner.
- Bug The Color Picker no longer draws a partial thumb when displaying full red.
- Bug The Color Picker can now track mouse or finger movements that temporarily move outside of its bounding rectangle.
- Bug Fixed a memory leak in the Slider object that would cause a touchscreen or web browser to become slow or unresponsive after a large number of touches.
- Bug A newly created Line object now appears with similar orientation to its thumbnail icon.
- Bug The Tail (Hollow) decoration of the Line object now appears in the correct location relative to the end of the line.
- Feature Added new Hourly Schedule mode to timers, allowing a timer to execute at one or more specified times within each hour.
- Feature Added new Repeating Events mode to timers, allowing a timer to execute multiple times within a time window.
- Bug The Timers panel now properly indicates when a timer does not have an action assigned to it by displaying none.
- Bug Addressed an issue that prevented the
MERGE option in the
UPDATE CUE command to work properly.
- Bug The
FADE commands can once again use variables as their parameters.
- CueServer OS
- Feature Improve the SD Card write performance to lessen the likelihood that the card could become corrupted.
- Bug Addressed an issue that could cause one or more of the internal processes to crash in certain circumstances after operating under moderate load for an extended period of time. This issue may have affected serial port reception, DMX Input Triggers, timers, and/or station button presses.
- Windows Version
- Feature Various performance enhancements to make the application more responsive.
- Bug Listbox sort indicators now appear properly.
- Bug Listbox hierarchical widgets and checkboxes no longer look blurry.
- Feature The application's Splash Screen (and About window) have been redesigned to not cover up as much of the project photo, and to also look better on Windows.